Sunday 7 June 2015

Toxic Grimmvenger

My first Pulp City mini of the year - Toxic Grimmvenger - and my first finished Pulp City mini in almost seven months. Wow - far too long (how often do I end up typing variations on those words?). However, he is the 121st Pulp City mini I have painted, so at least the total has grown. Hopefully the next few weeks will see a few more additions to the painted minis selection!

After some months of inertia a package of new stuff finally arrived with ye Citizen, and yesterday I prepped 6 Supremes and 2 Minions. Among those Supremes were 4 of the new Grimm unleashed from the Kickstarter, and I saw them as a way to kick-start my Pulp City painting. The first finished was Toxic Grimmvenger, mainly because I intentionally focused more on him while doing base colours on the others, and also because he had a very simple paint scheme. I could have used more variety of colours on the various objects embedded into his body, but I wanted to complete the painting quickly and satisfactorily, and I am pretty pleased with how he turned out given that it was a quick turnaround for me.

In game terms Toxic Grimmvenger is an interesting proposition; he is one of currently three Brawlers for the Grimm, and each is functionally different. Of the three, Toxic Grimmvenger is probably the hardest hitting simply because he can easily generate 3 dice, or 4 dice with TINY! in play, without considering extra dice from situational Combat Bonuses. Couple that with a range of Attacks from a cheap and basic Damaging close combat Action to a ranged option to a Damage 2 close combat Action, and he offers real threat against other Supremes, even those of Level 2 or 3.

Toxic Grimmvenger
Hero/Villain, Brawler, Level 1, Science
30 mm

10 comments:

  1. I'm going to age to start gluing together some of my "Pulp City" minis to clear some room for some of these Grimm. That's a cracking paintjob PC and although as you say "a very simply paint scheme" it has come out an absolute treat and looks terrific. Looking forward to seeing your others my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxkleric. :)

      Despite the quick turnaround and simple PJ, I am pleased with the outcome. I hope you enjoy the Grimm - I find them a relaxing diversion to paint. :)

      Delete
  2. He oozes with character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay. :)

      I see what you did there! :)

      Delete
  3. Very well done! It looks very smooth and well painted.
    I only think the base needs some garbage or slime as it is too clean now imho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wouter. :)

      Agreed re: the base, but to be honest, having not painted some PC for quite some time, the main thing was to get it finished. I may add some litter to the base later.

      Delete
  4. Ace job mate. I do love the Grimm so full of character especially with the top paint job to go with it that you did. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. :)

      Quick paint job + satisfying look = I am chuffed. :)

      Delete
  5. Toxie! Wonderful model that spawns memories of terrible movies of my childhood. Excellent work, sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Tom. :)

      It was a joy to paint this mini. True story - I have never seen the TA movies. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...