Friday 29 July 2016

Phalanx

Phalanx is my third Pulp City Supreme this month (yay!), and finishing him means I have hit my planned goal for the year (more yay!) with a few months to go. Painting Phalanx also takes me to 142 painted Pulp City minis, which leaves me just 8 more short of the next milestone achievement of 150 painted minis from the range. I will probably have to commit to a big picture of them all when I get to that stage (I did something similar when I went past 100 a few years back).

Phalanx is a member of the Forgotten, forged by Hellsmith to lead the Mecha Spartans. If his body is ever destroyed, he is reborn into a Mecha Spartan shell, transforming it into his traditional form.

In game terms Phalanx is a typical Forgotten, on a 40 mm base as most of them are. He is tough and hard-hitting despite being a Support Supreme, and with cheap (Level 1) Mecha Spartans around, you can keep him in the game a long time.

I cleaned up and prepared Phalanx at the same time as Cro Mag. The painting on this one was super quick by my standards, started and finished on the same day, with a simple palette and use of washes, a bit of dry-brushing and simple highlights. That said, I am pretty pleased with how he turned out despite the fast turnaround. Not sure what my next Pulp City painting will be, although I want to get TINY! and Grimmsham done as soon as I can, and maybe White Tiger and 100 Voices too. If I get 3 more minis painted fro the range before the end of the year, then I will have exceeded my 2014 and 2015 combined output.

Phalanx
Villain, Support, Level 2, Science
40 mm

13 comments:

  1. Outstanding stuff. Quite simply outstanding. Love it to bits!! The last few you've painted have been very tempting indeed. Can you recommend a good UK supplier, or do you order direct from "Pulp" store directly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Blaxkleric. :)

      My orders are direct from store (it has a low flat-rate of shipping IIRC), BUT we will hopefully be making an announcement re: distribution very soon. :)

      Delete
  2. Superb job dude. And congratulations on meeting your target for the year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well done, he really looks like a statue that walked away.
    I love how the base looks like the remnants of a ruined city, which is very appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wouter. Thanks for those words. :)

      The base is by Dragon Forge and was purposefully chosen to give a classical ruined architecture feel. :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Cheers. He will have to get to a game soon so you can see. :)

      Delete
  5. Cracking job. Love the pseudo stonework effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Carl. :)

      I am pretty happy with how it turned out. :)

      Delete
  6. Fantastic stuff! Inspires me to get my PC stuff out for painting and a rumble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie. :)

      Hopefully we will get to see something Pulp City on GOG online again. :)

      Delete
  7. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through my life weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how I could be transformed into a powerful person when I came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...