Sunday 11 July 2010

Custom Cards

I created some jpegs of various custom Minions as well as game aids, and had them printed by an online retailer. I am extremely disappointed with both the results and the quality.

The cards have had the content re-sized by the supplier to be about half the expected width, while a couple have thumb-print ink smudges. The supplier is customstuff.co.uk, and I cannot endorse their product at this time. They are not cheap or even inexpensive, they have no contact details on their website (not a good sign, and something I should have checked before ordering), and so there is no easy or obvious means of addressing the issue of receiving goods that are poor in quality and execution.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how much the postage would be but you could try using Artscow in the US. They are offering free postage at the moment but I don't know if it applies to non-us customers. A deck of 54 custom cards is $9.99, the only problem is that they have to be playing card sized.

    http://www.artscow.com/photo-gifts/Card/Playing-Cards-54-Designs-313

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be going with them next; I have had good past experience with ArtsCow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the warning about customstuff.co.uk, I was just about to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankfully I paid through payapal, so at least had some email addresses which I accessed through my paypal records, and to be fair to them they have promptly refunded me, but still the product was below par I am afraid to say.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...