I recently became a Pulp City Herald and so I thought it would be cool to run a small contest to win one of those extra June Summers minis that I have. This contest is not linked with Pulp Monsters, just something I wanted to do to try and get a copy of this model into hands that may not be able to get hold of it at this time. The contest is a simple creative writing one, with blind judging - a few other Heralds have agreed to judge the contest, and the entries will be given to them without indications of who created them.
So look at the rules below and get your entries in to me if you want a chance to win!
- Prize: an unpainted June Summers miniature.
- The judging panel will judge the entries blind, and I will only be involved in case of a tie (or possibly a nominated other in my place).
- The contest is open to any member of the blog or Forum; entries must include blog Follower name or Forum member name. Entries without at least one of these will be disqualified and rejected - no exceptions.
- Judges are not permitted to enter the contest, and Heralds have been discouraged from entering.
- Entries should be an original text piece describing or featuring a location or non-Supreme character in Pulp City: a diner or coffee shop, haunted street corner, famous nightclub, etc...; or a non-Supreme Celebrity or person of interest: like June Summers, famous snitch, fortune teller or the like. The focus of the entry can be an existing feature or character, or something brand-new. Entries using Intellectual Property belonging to any entity other than Pulp Monsters will be disqualified and rejected. Descriptive and narrative entries are both welcome.
- Entries must be between 100 and 500 words in length, excluding a title. Any entries outside of these lengths will be penalized.
- Only one entry per person.
- In entering the contest entrants are agreeing that their entries may be published with full authority on the Pulp City Forum and/or the Pulp Citizen blog.
- Entries published outside of the contest before the results are determined will be disqualified and rejected.
- Entries should be sent to email@example.com and subject marked ‘June Summers Contest’; emails without this subject will be ignored.
- I may add a runner-up prize if more entries than expected are received.
- The final deadline for entries is 23:59 GMT on June 21st. Entries received after this will be disqualified and rejected.
Entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and subject marked ‘June Summers Contest’.
For inspiration check out the Pulp City ABC section (here) and the Heroes and Villains section (here).
There you are; I hope we get to see some really fun and interesting entries.